I loved being able to talk with her about Brazil and the United States, and her family and just a little bit of everything in general! Its so great having a new friend, I'm grateful I followed the SayGoBeDo to help her and be a friend today!
Friday, July 8, 2011
A new friend
I just love the outcome of SayGoBeDo's! When we follow them, there is always a reward in the end. Today I followed a pretty cool SayGoBeDo, I felt I should look up someone on facebook for a minute this morning and I saw that my friend's wife was a bit troubled by the looks of her status. I have not met her yet, she came to the United States from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil about 11 months ago on a fiancee visa and married my friend, they had met while he served his LDS mission in Rio, and they just moved to Bountiful 2 days ago. She has been lonely and needs friends, I wanted to help her I should help her with what she needed help with today. I sent her a message and asked her if I could help at all?. 1 minute later she called me with so much gratitude in her voice! She's alone 11 hours a day 4 days a week, and has no car or cash. I was able to drive and help her with what she needed today it felt so good to serve! But not only that, I now have a new friend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Izzi! Way to go girl. That is a really neat SayGoBeDo!
ReplyDelete